- Are you passionate about climate change?
- Do you wish to have a Certificate Offered by the World Bank?
- Are you ready to indulge in an exciting four (04) weeks MOOC experience?
Then you are at the RIGHT PLACE…
ICAD Enterprise is pleased to offer 20 scholarships to interested candidates willing to have an in-depth knowledge on how climate actions have taken a central stage in global climate change governance. This scholarship offered by ICAD Enterprise reflects its effort to create local awareness on climate change mitigation and adaptation from a ‘glocal’ perspective.
About the Course
This action-oriented MOOC offered via the Coursera learning platform gives you the opportunity to learn about regional climate change impacts and sector-specific strategies to increase resilience and move towards a low-carbon future. You will have the opportunity to explore these issues in depth and tailor your learning experience for one or more of the following regions:
• Latin America and Caribbean
• Sub-Saharan Africa
• Middle East and North Africa
• Eastern Europe and Central Asia
• East Asia and Pacific
• South Asia
In this endeavor, the MOOC brings together renowned scientists and policymakers to provide a synthesis of the most recent scientific evidence on climate change, regional low emissions and climate resilient development strategies across sectors. A team of expert Instructors will lead discussions around the Paris Agreement, reflections from COP22 and the progress on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The course is free, but if you intend to have your certificate, you will have to pay … and that’s where ICAD Enterprise will intervene.
100% online, you work at your pace and will spend approximately 13 hours to earn this prestigious certificate
Conditions to benefit from our scholarship.
- Be a Cameroonian of any age, gender and educational background, preferably residing in Dschang, West Region, Cameroon.
- Must be registered as either a member or volunteer in ICAD Enterprise.
- Must provide 20 waste plastic bottles or 1/2 kg of waste plastic papers (Bring it in person at our headquarter located in Careffour Julie Hotel, Paidground, Dschang, West Region, Cameroon).
- Must also register for the course HERE.
- ICAD Enterprise will pay for your certificate, if you succesfully complete the course.
- You will have free internet access at our Center for Innovation.
- You will benefit from all the services and training of ICAD Enterprise henceforth.
Deadline to apply for the scholarship: 08 February 2020.
Course Begins on the 10th February 2020.
Are you ready? Click here to apply
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY, AN EXCITING EXPERIENCE
Sorry sir, that means it’s for those living in dschang??
Hi Nouchi Paulin,
Thanks for reaching out. The opportunity is for Cameroonians. Dschang town is just a preference, because our headquarter is located there and also because bringing along 20 plastic bottles or 1/2 kg plastic bags is another pre-condition to be eligible for the scholarship. If you can figure out on how to send us your plastic bottles, then nothing will stop you from gaining the scholarship if you are eligible.
How ever, we encourage you to register, while figuring out on how to meet up with all the requirements.
We hope your question is answered?
Sorry I have applied but am from Kenya. But my suggestion is that since we have an internet platform that can link all personnel in the entire globe, its brilliant if you could enhance eligibility we brainstorm together as climate issue has at higher percentage affected the entire world.
Thank you Robinson and thanks for your message.
We are brainstorming on the possibilities of enlarging the scope.